EOS represents Egypt in all international and regional organizations and
committees, which activities endorses EOS's fields of concern and it coordinates
the work of standardization with its counterparts abroad, and follows up the work
of these organizations and its technical commissions.
EOS undertakes the following tasks:
- Following up the work of international and regional organizations concerned with
standards and quality as well as its member standardization bodies and preparing
the necessary studies on issues of interest relevant to the policy of these
- Participating in international and regional conferences and meetings .
- Preparing the necessary arrangemets to hold seminars and workshops with the
relevant foreign organizations in Egypt.
-Taking the necessary procedures to hold and activate bilateral MoUs concerned
with standards and quality and related activities with Arab and foreign countries in
coordination with each of the Trade Agreements Sector and Egyptian Commercial
- Selling Egyptian standards and Egyptian standards refrences for local entities.
- Preparing data of the recent issuance of foreign and intenationalstandards .
- Organizing and following up all the missions and grants provided to EOS from
- Providing the foreign authorities with the relevant Egyptian standards .
Cooperation at the international and local level :
EOS performs a wide activity at the international and regional level, it is a member
of the following international and regional organization, associations
- International Organization for StandardizationISO
- The International Organization of Legal Metrology OIML
- The African RegionalOrganisation for StandardisationARSO
- Arabic Industrial Development and Mining OrganizationAIDMO
- The European Committee for StandardizationCEN .
EOS is also a member of these committees :
- ISO / DEVCO
- ISO / COPOLCO
- ISO / CASCO
- CODEXAlimentarius Commission
- EOS is a memberin (315) ISO Technical Committess , (8) ARSO Technical
Committess, (4) CEN Technical Committess ,
- EOS undertakes the Technical Secretariat of the number (14) technical committees of the Arab Organization for Industrial Development and Mining AIDMO.
- Since Egypt signed the WTO Agreement WTO in 1995, it established the Egyptian
inquiry Point according to the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade WTO /
TBT with regards to technical regulations, standards and conformity assessment
systems as well.
- EOS has established a set of corresponding national mirror committees to the relevant international committees as follows:
- The Egyptian mirror committee of CODEXAlimentarius Commission.
- The Egyptian mirror committee of consumer protection affairs COPOLCO
- The Egyptian mirror committee of Conformity Assessment CASCO
- The Egyptian mirror committee of Quality Management Systems ISO / TC 176
-The Egyptian mirror committee ISO / TC 207 concerned with environmental
- ISO/PC 277 The Egyptian mirror committee concerned with continuous
- The Egyptian mirror committee ISO/PC 278 concerned with Bribery Combating.
- The Egyptian mirror committee concerned with ISO SR, social responsibility.
- Signing of MOUs and bilateral cooperation programs in the field of the relevant
activities of standards and conformity assessment with the relevant counterpartes
of Arab and foreign entities in the following countries :
China – France - Britain - Australia - Ukraine - Germany - American Society for
Testing and Materials ASTM - Nigeria - Malaysia - Czech Republic - Malta - India -
Greece - Poland – African Regional Organization for Standardization ARSO - South
Korea - Turkey - Brazil – Indonesia - European Committee for Standardization CEN
- Russia - Uganda – Kenya .
Jordan, Bahrain, Algeria , Iraq, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Yemen, Morocco
Tunisia, Syria, Oman,Palestine, Qatar Lebanon
Signing of cooperation protocols with local entities :
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS and the College of Engineering -Helwan
University in the development of standard specifications for vehicles and its
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS and the National Research Centre in the
field to achieve the principles of quality assurance for laboratories products and
engineering goods, chemical, food and textile.
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS and the University of Assiut, in the field
of studies and research related to production quality and conformity to the
approved and accredited standards with respect to Upper Egypt governorates .
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS andArab Academy for Science and
Technology and Maritime Transport (Productivity & Quality Institute in Alexandria)
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS and the faculty of Engineering
– CairoUnivercityin the field of preparation of standards of electronic engineering
products and systems
- Protocol of Cooperation between EOS and the company SGS protocol on
training courses in the fields of management systems and the holding of joint
seminars and workshops.
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS and the faculty of Engineering – Ain shams
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS and the EngineeringComapanyFor The
Petroleum And Process IndustriesEnppi.
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS andAnd the Alexandria Businessmen's
Association in the field of specifications activities.
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS and Egypt Air in the field of Medical
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS andTheInternational Electrotechnical
Commissionin the development of IEC Electrotechnical specifications.
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS andGeneral Engineers Association in the
field of applying The Egyptian standards in all fields of engineering.
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS and industrial modernisation center within the framework of the provision of services specifications, quality and
conformity assessment of various industrial facilities.
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS andGeneral Authority for the control of
exports and imports in the fields of inspection, testing and training, industrial
- Protocol of cooperation between EOS andThe National Institute for Quality in the
field of training and rehabilitation, consultancy and technical support .